Begun as part of a class, a passion for music and writing has pushed things past class work. I hope that I can reach at least one person in some way so that they can come to love and understand music as more than entertainment.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sunny day, chasing the clouds away...

http://achangeoftune.blogspot.com/
Yes, this post is about Sesame Street, where the good music goes to relax and educate. Norah Jones and Leslie Feist are among those. I think this probably goes hand in hand with my love of covers.

I wonder a bit about how much a two year old really takes from these cameo appearance by great musicians and actors, but I forget that the target audience of Sesame Street is more than just young children. There are the parents and caretakers who watch too, myself included. I never expected that my nanny job to provide musical material for me to explore. This first video of Leslie Feist singing new lyrics to the hit from her 2007 release "The Reminder." The video for "1,2,3,4" was shot in a single take and featured in an iPod commercial the same year, rocketing her quiet indie status to a mainstream pedestal. I assume that's about where Sesame Street picked her up. She now takes her place among some of the greatest performers of all time, from Little Richard to Marilyn Horne.

When I first discovered these little pieces of pop culture crossing into other pieces of pop culture, I got so excited. I'm fascinated by the creative combinations
Feel free to explore on my new favorite Youtube channel SesameStreet.

"1, 2, 3, 4 penguins that went by the door..."
Just listen and enjoy.





Elmo is so precious.


Another recent sky rocketing from relative obscurity to world wide fame with Jason Mraz and his hit "I'm Yours." Now retitled, "Outdoors"



Marilyn Horne! One of my favorite voices of all time.


One bonus, non musical, celebrity appearance. Love this man.

2 comments:

Belize 2009 said...

Brilliant, as always!wow

Belize 2009 said...

Brilliant, as always!wow