Begun as part of a class, a passion for music and writing has pushed things past class work. I hope that I can reach at least one person in some way so that they can come to love and understand music as more than entertainment.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thao and the Get Down Stay Down

Thao was a favorite from the moment my roommate played a song that was a Song of the Day on Minnesota Public Radio last year. 
I miss the set today as it was played live because I was in class, but luckily the performance is now archived on NPR.org
You can catch the show there, or when the All Songs Considered podcast is posted. The set is quite short, and full of energy and quirkiness. 

Photo from NPR site. Joel Didriksen kingpinphoto.com

"Bob Boilen is boiling hot" -Thao Nguyen
She's right. I love him, but I want his job when he retires/dies/looses his voice. 

I started my application for internships at various places today including NPR. It would be a dream job to work there. I'm also applying to Smithsonian Folkways and Oxford American. 

In other SXSW news, my friend Ross is there, and I'm so jealous I could strangle him. Follow the man on Twitter

I had a good time networking a bit last night in the chat room for the live performances on NPR. I'm going to work on my networking skills as much as possible in the next few months. 


No comments: